Well when discussing God, one fact always comes up. His holiness.
Thats a scary word.
It fascinates me that it can be fashionable to be a Christian.
It can be fashionable to sing gospel and play music.
It can be fashionable to be charitable and giving all your money to the poor.
It can be fashionable to believe in God, even the devil does that... and trembles.
But its never fashionable to be holy. Thats retro... whichever age I live in. Becoming Holy often means I cant fit in anywhere. People will wonder what I'm scheming, suspicious of anything alien by nature. What could be more alien to the human race than Holiness.
Follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man can see the Lord. Without seeing the one who is invisible I cannot endure.
The pursuance of holiness is a critical factor to the endurance of my dreams.
Is it possible even to be holy in this world? Honestly I dont know. I only know the one who has called me has asked me to be holy as he is holy. What chance do I have to see his face. The angels who worship Him from the beginning of creation, do not even look at Him because of His Holiness. What wrong have they done who served him from when time began.
Is it even possible that I could be sanctified to the point where I see his face. I hope so... with all my heart. To permit the Holy Spirit to do the greatest work in my life. Every day I must decide again to pursue the greatest dream of all.
To be holy.
No comments:
Post a Comment