Saturday, May 30, 2009

True Success Part 6

Dealing with Setbacks. This is an integral part of the walk to success. True maturity comes with the knowledge that the real world is not perfect but hard and deadly. True success is the skill of picking yourself up after a failure.

An apocryphal story about the man Alva Edison who perfected the lightbulb, recorded a thousands attempt to find the perfect filament that would glow and be long lasting. Had he given up at attempt 999 we might all be still living with a few explosions everytime we pull the switch and to have to buy a new bulb every 3 hours.

The idea of success is borne out by sheer disregard of negative circumstances. In fact the greatest success always triumphed over adversity, making success taste all the more sweeter. A steady persevering attitude will crack any thing just like a continual drip of water can wear out all the strongest rocks.

Rejoice not over me mine enemy. For when I fall I shall yet arise. When I sit in darkness.... the Lord shall be light unto me.

No comments: